Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Quest for Amazing Pie in San Francisco

About four years ago, I began the search for the perfect cupcake in San Francisco.  Something moist, delicious, with the perfect amount of frosting on top.  Some of my favorites include, That Takes the Cake, Kara's Cupcakes, and Miette.  I have eaten many, many cupcakes and still try more as new bakeries pop up in the city. 



Lately, I have a new love...pie!  So I've been slowly starting my quest for the perfect pie in San Francisco.  Just like with the cupcakes, the plan is to stick to local bakeries and small shops.  I know there may be some restaurants out there with delicious pies, but I'm looking for things on a smaller scale. 


I began my search at Mission Pie because they mainly serve pie of course!  Since I was heading to a friend's house for dinner I bought a whole peach pie.  The cost was $20, which seemed reasonable since it was a local shop using quality ingredients.  The organic peach filling was by far my favorite part of the pie, but the crust was pretty bad.  I want pie crust to be buttery and flaky and this was just dry and tasteless.  I found myself digging inside for the filling and eating around the crust...so I don't think I'll be heading back there again.






No comments:

Post a Comment