Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Kara's Cupcakes


Well, I finally made it over to Kara's Cupcakes and this time I remembered to bring my camera. I love that Kara's is an actual cupcake bakery that uses local organic ingredients. The decor is very sophisticated, but at the same time cute. On my first visit I had the Chocolate Velvet, which was delicious. Not too sweet, but very tasty.
My second visit wasn't as great. I decided to try their Sweet Vanilla and Kara's Karot. The sweet vanilla cake was decent, but had a funny taste to it. I think it might have been almond extract, which I don't get because it's a vanilla cupcake. The vanilla butter cream was light and airy, but lacked flavor. The carrot cake was moist, maybe a little too moist-it was falling apart! It had nuts and raisins, which didn't seem right in a cupcake. The cream cheese frosting was probably the best part.
I'll visit Kara's again because I'm curious to try the other cupcake varieties they have, like the Passion Fruit filled cupcake.


No comments:

Post a Comment