Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dulce de Leche Cupcakes

To keep with the mexican food theme for our work party, I made dulce de leche cupcakes.  Well, actually, I just made regular cupcakes and then dulce de leche buttercream.  I made two dozen chocolate using my favorite recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.  I also made one dozen vanilla using a new recipe from my Real Simple magazine.  I wasn't sure about this new cake recipe, but everyone said it was great. I'm really picky when it comes to vanilla cupcakes and I'm still working on finding the right recipe.  

For the buttercream, I made my standard buttercream and added a couple spoons of dulce de leche. This was my first time using dulce de leche and it made the most amazing buttercream.  The cupcakes were a huge hit with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment